Memorial Hospital is a 100-bed community teaching hospital serving the York community for more than 65 years. As a premier medical center, Memorial offers a full array of quality patient services including emergency, maternity, cardiovascular, critical care, surgical (including robotics), imaging, orthopedics, rehabilitation, home health and more. Memorial is dedicated to providing exceptional customer experiences. The most up-to-date technology, coupled with professional personnel, allows us to provide consistently high quality care.
Memorial Hospital is continually evolving to better serve community health needs and is committed to being a sustainable choice for quality health care in our community.
The Memorial Family of Health Services includes Memorial Hospital, Breast Center, Endoscopy Center, Greenbriar Medical Center, Heart and Vascular Center, Industrial Resource Center, Memorial Family Medicine, Memorial White Rose Home Health and Hospice, and Outpatient Surgical Center.
Memorial Hospital is committed to promoting, improving and enhancing the health
and well-being of the community we serve.
Commitment to the Community
Through direct donations to area nonprofits, volunteer hours by our associates, free health screenings, educational classes on everything from child birth to diabetes to tobacco cessation, advanced life support services, and charitable care for uninsured and underinsured children and adults, we are making a difference in the lives of area residents.
We are also having a positive effect on the local economy. As one of the area’s largest employers, Memorial has more than 1,000 associates. Most of them live and raise their families in this community, so they are spending money locally and contributing to the local tax base.
Core Values and Beliefs
First and foremost, our success requires an empowered workforce with a profound
common commitment to our mission.
We believe in:
- Providing quality patient care in an environment which recognizes the rights and
needs of the patient and each other.
- Recognizing the value of all individuals and treating others with dignity and respect.
- Increasing the health awareness of the community through education.
- Personalizing the care we deliver to our patients and their families.
- Promoting teamwork through open, direct communications and careful listening.
- Delegating responsibility and authority for decisions to associates throughout the
- Strengthening our team by developing the skills and abilities of all associates.
- Encouraging all associates to perform at a high level of excellence.
- Understanding associates' responsibilities to their families.
- Acknowledging and encouraging the involvement of associates in community activities.
Upholding the highest standards of ethics and honesty.
- Respecting all individuals' rights to strict confidentiality and privacy.
- Creating an atmosphere that will attract and retain the highest quality medical
- Providing a safe, attractive and environmentally conscious atmosphere.
- Meeting the changing needs of our community through anticipation, innovation and
diversification of services.
- Practicing proven and accepted methods of treatment using current technologies.
- Adhering to the principles of equal opportunity and treatment for all.
- Cooperating with other health care providers to enhance the quality and continuum
of care to patients and their families.
- Operating in a fiscally responsible manner to ensure our future.
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community we serve. Fostering a diverse workforce benefits both employees and patients by offering an inclusive place to provide and receive care. Men and women from different backgrounds serve in a number of roles in our organization. While we may come from different experiences, we all share the same goal of providing high quality patient care.
- Providing Culturally Competent Care
Our employees receive annual training designed to support and encourage an inclusive environment for healthcare delivery and customer service. Additional resources are available to assist with the delivery of healthcare, such as translation and technology services and responding to cultural issues for patients and families of different backgrounds.
- Recruiting and Retaining Diverse Talent
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to recruiting talented employees with valuable expertise from different races, religions, genders, sexual orientations and other protected classes. We participate in local career fairs and business expos, work with recruiting sources to actively seek diverse applicants, and partner with colleges and schools with significant minority enrollment to identify highly qualified applicants.
- American Hospital Association
- American Osteopathic Association Council of Hospitals
- The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association
- York Area Chamber of Commerce
- Bloomsburg School of Public Health
- Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Duquesne University
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- John Hopkins University
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Lancaster General College
- New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Temple University
- Touro University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Osteopathic Medicine & Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of Scranton
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- York College of Pennsylvania
- York County School of Technology